Thursday, January 27, 2011

Committed to You

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
When we take in God's gift to us, we accept Him in our life. We commit to live by His ways.
For me it was difficult at first. I had to unlearn things... I had to be open and take in a new paradigm.
I remember, the basic was I had to get rid of my addiction. At that time, it was smoking. Now, I am happy to say that since the day I committed my life to God, I never smoked again (I hope I never will).
I used to look at the practicality of things. If it is easy and convenient, then I go for it. Not minding the implications of my actions. Never really thinking that I am hurting others and disobeying God.
The change in me brought about a sense of consiousness with God's will in my life. To be under his protection and authority.
The key to committing to Him is love. If we truly love Him and accept Him in our life. We will let Him have his way.
From Ru Della Torres' book Road Trip
When you committed your life to Jesus, you handed over the driving priviledges to Him.
This means He has a say in the whos, whats, where and how of your life.
As we all go forward and live our lives, let us remember that God is above us. Everything we have is from Him. He will give us the desires of our heart, we just need to step-out in faith, and in His own time and His will, we will have our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment